[Peace-discuss] So long for now.

Phil Stinard pstinard at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 28 09:13:56 CDT 2004

On a friend's advice, I'm going to be filtering my peace-discuss list digest
to my junk mail folder for a week.  I really don't have time for misguided
and unwarranted personal attacks--they are a vexing distraction.  I have a
few final comments on the lawyer issue.  I was trying to suggest in a subtle
manner that you don't really want to get to heavily into publicly
badmouthing a lawyer because of defamation of character issues.  Maybe I was
too subtle.  By the way, that should apply to everyone (*hint* *hint*), not
just lawyers.  Also, the ones who badmouthed me are apparently the ones who
have the final say in AWARE because they said that AWARE will NEVER hire
that particular lawyer.  I guess that AWARE does not have a constitution or
bylaws, and that people rule by decree.  That's good to know.  Someone could
have told me that earlier and I wouldn't have wasted my time.

I won't be reading the mailing list for at least a week, so if anyone wants
me to see something, email it to me directly, and try to be nice.  The two
people who attacked me don't know me, obviously didn't read or listen to
what I had to say, and don't know my experiences in life.  I RESENT being
mischaracterized and misunderstood more than anything else, and those two
should reflect on their attitudes and actions.  If you want to discuss my
(maybe I should say 'our') perceived character flaws, email me directly and
don't talk behind my back as you apparently do with others (at least with
lawyers).

--Phil Stinard