[Peace-discuss] driving away members

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 28 11:41:15 CDT 2004

Ricky--

Laura Nader's comments, which I quoted in a post to Al, and you reject in
(a) below, seem to me quite appropriate for an organization like ours. It
also seems to me that you summarize them in (b) below, but the burden of
(c) is to call for something like the "coercive harmony" -- enforced by
social pressure and group disapproval in a voluntary organization -- that
she condemns.  --CGE