[Peace-discuss] driving away members

Alfred Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 28 14:57:10 CDT 2004

I have to say that the posting below makes me quite angry. We want to
create a better world, a world where we have confronted sexism and
all other kinds of discrimination. If we go along with sexism to
accomplish our work, we can't accomplish our goals.  This discussion
has nothing whatsoever to do with "manners" or "what can't be said."
It has everything to do with treating people fairly and promoting
values that we endorse. To talk about manners is to trivalize the
discussion.  In fact, let me be so bold as to say that we would not
even be having this discussion if we did not have to actively
confront sexism within our own local context.