[Peace-discuss] Lawyer/Sexism and AWARE

Neil Parthun parthun at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 28 17:15:43 CDT 2004

All --
  Firstly let me apologize for not being at meetings
recently.  I have been swamped with academics and personal
events coming along and has really cramped my time for many
things.

  Now with that out of the way...let me say (in that
Rumsfeldian way) that I took the "hard slog" through the e-
mails to the list about the lawyer situation.  Here's my .02
on the situation.

  There are a lot of lawyers in the C-U area.  Let's check
out our options to see what we can find since we do have a
lot of choices.  If nothing suits the group well, we can
always come back to this lawyer in question if we need to.
Also, if we do end up needing a lawyer (somebody gets
arrested at a protest or we have another person try to drive
up and hit us w/ a car et al.) and our search is still
continuing, then we've got this one in our pocket for an
emergency.

   I'd really not like to see things get so heated over the
status of a lawyer with this group.  We've got a lot of
choices...let's check them out and see what happens.  If
we're in a jam and desperately need one in an emergency,
then we can use this lawyer's services.  Until the lawyer
search yields results for the group to check out and vote
on, let's focus on actively resisting this war profiteering,
unelected, warmongering, vacationing while troops are dying,
AWOL chickenhawk West Texas giggling murderer and the rest
of his administration with their neo-colonial doctrine.
Cool beans?

Stand up and keep fighting,
Neil [parthun at uiuc.edu]

OoOoOo...
You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it or says it.
[Malcolm X]

Let them call me a rebel. I feel no concern from it but I should suffer the misery of devils were I to make a whore of my soul.
[Thomas Paine]

http://smash_the_right_wing.tripod.com