[Peace-discuss] Recommendation for a film

Morton K.Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Wed Apr 28 22:34:22 CDT 2004

   Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:46:34 -0700 (PDT)
    From: Mazin Qumsiyeh <qumsi001 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Doomed to failure in the Middle East

- We just attended “Route 181, fragments of a journey in
Palestine-Israel”.  This was a great film and I highly recommend it.
The producers/directors Eyal SIVAN & Michel KLEIFI were there for a
Q&A.  Then a few of us went to a café  and chatted informally with Eyal
and Michel.  I think everyone should see this film.  It lets Israelis
and Palestinians speak in their own voices and it thus exposes the
truth of what is happening as Israel builds more and more fences (and
some of them are psychological and in the minds of the Israeli public)
and continues the push of ethnically cleansing Palestine.  The
inescapable comparison with South Africa under apartheid comes into
sharp focus.   For details on how you can get the film and show it,
see:
http://www.momento-production.com/route-181-gb/index.htm