[Peace-discuss] On the Bolivarian Revolution

Phil Stinard pstinard at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 12:33:33 CDT 2004

Revolutionary Verses: Ideology of the Conscience
By:  Jose Gerardo Cruz Shilling

I - What is the Revolution?

It is undoubtedly the hopes, dreams and goals of poor people.  It is to live
in a more just and inclusive world, where solidarity, bread and education
are practiced and reach the entire population.

II - Is the Revolution Just?

We are heading in that direction, since the country we are building will be
one where justice is a norm, or better yet a question of honor.  It is not a
question of being just with a friend and unjust with an enemy; it is a
question of being strictly just and applying justice.

III - Is the Revolution Participative?

It will necessarily have to be so to ensure that progress advances in my
nation, to achieve the technology that will contribute to improving and
increasing production.  Undoubtedly, the Revolution is the only way to
escape inequality.

IV - When Does the Revolution Start or End?

In reality, it is the sword of Bolivar that advances through Latin America,
and a Latin American soldier named Chávez, the charge proclaiming that we
must awaken and fight because the struggle of poor peoples against the
colonizers of every era are eternal, and there is no going back.

V - Can the Revolution be Neoliberal?

Never.  The best example is to see how a United Latin America rejects the
imperial FTAA.  Everyone knows that behind that commercial mask hides the
true objective, and that is to dominate and oppress poor people.

VI - What is the Foundation of the Revolution?

The Bolivarian Project is based on the Constitution. The whole world
observes how it evolved:  from a result achieved in the search for the
common good. It will be imitated by many as a universal model.

VII - Does the Revolution have Enemies?

The enemies of the young revolution, as it is called by Garcia Ponce,
dominate the communications media.  Examples are the horsemen of the
holocaust, or television.  It is better that they be rich and powerful.
When we make them bite the powder of defeat, we don’t want history to say
that that we vanquished a weak enemy.  If we are going to vanquish, let’s do
it as David did against Goliath, so that this Revolution that is today
Venezuelan spreads through Latin America and the world, because we are
speaking of Bolivar’s dream, of Latin American union, today revived and
incarnate in the Soldier of the People, Hugo Chávez, who proclaims
throughout Latin America and the world, “Wake up people, the Revolution has
arrived!  Bolivar has awakened!”

Jose Gerardo Cruz Shilling
Tinaquillo, Edo. Cojedes