[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Comments from Frank Schaeffer's Radio Talk

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Thu Apr 29 21:54:57 CDT 2004

Supporting military personnel is  alot more than just sending candy and
cookies or wavimng a flag or holding a sign. (1). Today injured miltary personnel
msut fight with DOD and VA to obtain effective and prompt medical care!   (2).
Military personnel have not been given the equipment and training they need to
survive in combat (please see Newsweek dated May 3, 204 , page 24- 26). (3).
The hype and hysteria have led these individuals into actions that are not
justified and they know better but do them anyway (see numerous reports of
atrocities- 2 earlier peacediscuss messages today).  (4). Accountability for actions
can not be given away just by saying they were following an order.  (5) the
use of illegal weapons by US troops is pervasive and now we finaly got General
Myers to acknowledge health effects on US and General Peake to finally
authorize long required medical care while they still ignore effects of others. (6)
The war(s) were / are based on lies and were planned many years before 9-11 and
still these new warriors justify their actions. (7)  These new warriors use
screwed up - totally wrong tactics resulting in our and Iraqi casualties. (8)
we make them into heroes when they are not then when reality of war and their
combat actions hit them and they can't justify it we murders, fragging,
suicides, attempted suicides, and family abuse sky rocket as it is right now.

As I said many times war is simply about killing and destroying and everyone
looses and today we can't pretend any more.

so if you want to support thevtropps tell thevtruth and help them obtsain
effective euipment, medical care, training, and hold them accountable otherwise
they will loose in long run.

i just came back from an international symposium in Sweden where discussed
the enternal and escalating health and environnmental effects of agent orange
and uranium weapons.

conclusion - there was and is no justification for their use.

and that is my two cents as disabled combat veteran of the Vietnam War and
Gulf War 2 and a retired officer whose miltary career spanned 36 years and who
is still trying to make a difference.

major doug rokke