[Peace-discuss] Iraqis Tortured by US Forces (w/link to photos)

Neil Parthun parthun at uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 30 14:47:59 CDT 2004

http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/iraqis_tortured/

Russ Kick's "The Memory Hole" (one of my favorite sites) has
posted the photos of what our "benevolent liberators" are
doing in Iraq.  Six soldiers now face court martial and
jail. One allegedly boasted that the captives "broke within
hours". Seven others, including a general, are suspended
from duty and may be disciplined.

One troop claimed that he did "not know how to treat the
prisoners." "I kept asking my chain of command for things
like rules and regulations. It just wasn't happening." The
soldiers, from the 800th Military Police Brigade, were
arrested after the video images were sent to a friend who
handed them to authorities.

These pictures were shown on 60 Minutes on CBS and on the
BBC News.  Some of our troops pull acts like this and we
have to wonder why we're facing so much animosity in Iraq?

Stand up and keep fighting,
Neil [parthun at uiuc.edu]

OoOoOo...
You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it or says it.
[Malcolm X]

Let them call me a rebel. I feel no concern from it but I should suffer the misery of devils were I to make a whore of my soul.
[Thomas Paine]

http://smash_the_right_wing.tripod.com