[Peace-discuss] Howard Zinn

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Tue Aug 3 08:36:55 CDT 2004

Hi All,

After I read People's History of the U.S., I asked @ library for some bio re Howard Zinn.  The end of one source said that Rupert Murdock had purchased film rights to People's History of the U.S., and I naively tho't it'd be made bec so many people would really like to know what the US has REALLY been doing these 200+ years, and that would bring in new viewers, sell products to new buyers..... Of course, now knowing better, I'm assuming the rights were bo't to ensure it would NEVER be made @ all.... Or worse, to control and distort content.....

I'm looking forward to seeing the film mentioned in AWARE notes from 8/1/04.  IMHO, Zinn's right up there w/ Noam Chomsky.

Jenifer C.