[Peace-discuss] No anti-war candidates!

ndahlhei at uiuc.edu ndahlhei at uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 5 00:22:01 CDT 2004

We have dire straits facing those who favor an anti-
war platform from the presidential candidate we wish to vote
for.  It's really bad when neither the Republicans or
Democrats want to oppose the War on Terror right now, in
particular the illegitimate occupation of Iraq.  But, keep
in mind the deeper issues of the coming period of the
peaking of world oil production and the weakness of American
currency.  Peace will not come without a new energy policy
and fast!!!  Time is running out!!!  The war in Iraq is
completely about oil!!!  The corporate elite that really run
our pseudo-democracy are looking to install a more
repressive regime at home under a figurehead, puppet
president (which either another Bush Administration or a
Kerry Administration will ultimately be) while they use the
increased government power to mobilize for more wars in the
Infinite War for Dwindling Oil.  Note my earlier postings
regarding the dire straits of world oil supply.  The
alternative fuels may not make up for the coming supply
shortages in oil that the Iraq war is supposedly going to
offset in the very short term.  The energy crisis will lead
to more war and more bloodshed, let's reexamine the deeper
systemic elements that make our society one that is so
militaristic to begin with: our materialism fed by an
insatiable desire for dwindling oil supplies without any
real concerted effort to pursue serious conservation or
convert to the multitude of diverse fuels necessary to make
up for the upcoming energy shortfall from Peak Oil.