[Peace-discuss] For once, Bush tells the truth

ppatton at uiuc.edu ppatton at uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 5 17:40:03 CDT 2004

New 'Bushism' born at bill signing
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Bush offered up a new entry for
his catalog of "Bushisms" on Thursday, declaring that his
administration will "never stop thinking about new ways to
harm our country and our people."

Bush misspoke as he delivered a speech at the signing
ceremony for a $417 billion defense spending bill.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we,"
Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm
our country and our people, and neither do we."

No one in Bush's audience of military brass or Pentagon
chiefs reacted.
Dr. Paul Patton
Research Scientist
Beckman Institute  Rm 3027  405 N. Mathews St.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign  Urbana, Illinois 61801
work phone: (217)-265-0795   fax: (217)-244-5180
home phone: (217)-344-5812
homepage: http://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ppatton/www/index.html

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.  It is the
source of all true art and science."
-Albert Einstein