[Peace-discuss] Re:[Peace] Change is afoot at WILL-AM...

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Tue Aug 10 10:42:26 CDT 2004

Hi AWARE Folks,

If Ali's leaving in 2 weeks, WILL may have already hired her successor who might attend AWARE on 8/22 in her place.  IMHO, Ali was a top drawer news anchor, hardly seemed local, esp compared w/ others @ AM 580, and w/ other locals on WILL Ch 12, for that matter, and I'll miss her.  I'm surprised she's giving up broadcasting bec she is so good.....

Hey, maybe she's leaving bec PBS has become so right-wing!!!  Yeah, let's start THAT rumor....

Re censorship @ AM 580: Is anyone @ WILL actually gonna admit to having the power/making final decisions about what does and what does not get aired???  I predict the amorphous "we".  (It really frosts my butt to hear the ADM and now the Walmart "ads", and also the phrase "sole CORPORATE sponsorship provided by....."  We all know what the justification for that will be -- "That decision is made @ the national level, we have no control over that")

Should be an interesting meeting.
Jenifer C.

This e-mail has come to my attention, and no, it's not a joke. Ali Kawa, who participated (to what extent we don't know) in the crafting of the WILL listener commentary policy that served to silence our voice on WILL-AM and who was assigned as the contact point for submission of listener commentary, is leaving her position at WILL in two weeks. It remains to be seen whether she will attend the August 22nd AWARE meeting, as I previously announced on this list. It seems unlikely, but we shall see.

This could work in our favor, but that remains to be seen as well.