[Peace-discuss] meeting agendas, facilitation and minutes

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 11 17:42:38 CDT 2004

As best I can tell, agenda-making and facilitation of AWARE meetings was not
handed off to anyone after Gabe volunteered for awhile (and I presume he has
since left town, as planned).

I did the agenda in a pinch for the last meeting and Durl gracefully agreed
to facilitate. It might not be such a bad idea to get volunteers ready to go
ahead of time for taking the meeting minutes as well.

Can someone come forward to volunteer for these functions for the next
meeting?

Perhaps we should have a sign-up sheet for these functions like those we've
made for Farmer's Market and the Sweetcorn fest, which we'd pass around the
room at meetings in the same way.

To review:

An agenda-coordinator gathers together agenda requests posted to the
peace-discuss mailing list and posts an agenda before the meeting
(preferably a day or two before). They also write up the agenda on the
whiteboard just prior to the meeting. Easy job =8-)

The facilitator conducts the AWARE meetings, following the agenda. Also an
easy job overall.

The minutes-taker records the substance of the meetings and posts them to
the peace list, preferably soon after the actual meeting (a day or two delay
is OK). This is probably the most work, but scores major AWARE brownie
points =8-)

Again, which of you folks out there can help out the group by taking one of
these duties for the next meeting?

Thanks