[Peace-discuss] I'm embarrassed...

esbensha at uiuc.edu esbensha at uiuc.edu
Sat Dec 4 21:52:56 CST 2004

Carl--

I too enjoyed your contribution and felt it was a noble
effort, especially being outnumbered 3 to 2. I subsequently
wasted too much of an insomniac night scrolling through past
abominations in that rag, dominated by the predictable yet
still execrable 'anti-war is anti-American/anti-Israel is
anti-Semitic'. But I did come upon their interview with
Christopher Hitchens, who some weird fascination keeps me
paying attention to, and though the first part, while not
uninteresting, mostly exhibited acrobatics to explain his
(Hitchens') turn to pro-Iraq war/pro-Bush positions in terms
of principle, I was fairly bowled over by his hard-hitting
critique of the Israeli occupation and US policy on Israel-
Palestine in the second part. Plus, presumably due to his
credentials as apostate of the Left, and in contrast to you
and Mr. Jenson, he was allowed to have the last word. The
cites, for anyone who's interested (the material is about a
year old).

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=11241
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=11253

Rick Esbenshade