[Peace-discuss] Christian Parenti on Iraq

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 9 23:17:05 CST 2004

I think the important point is, "I believe we on the left should be
calling for a withdrawal of US troops regardless of whether or not the
resistance meets the left's criteria of a good movement."

A "negotiated withdrawal" need only mean a a discussion of the
arrangements for a a withdrawal -- notably a cease-fire, a turning over of
equipment, dismantling or transfer of bases, etc.  It obviously should not
mean a cover for anything less than a total withdrawal by the US. Perhaps
it could mean a discussion of the reparations we owe the country.  --CGE