[Peace-discuss] calling the sheriff's office

Lisa Chason chason at shout.net
Tue Dec 14 09:50:19 CST 2004

As suggested in the IMC postings about the county jail, I just called
the Sheriff's office and spoke to his secretary. I told her I had read
about problems at the county jail concerning the recent suicides and the
way visiting hours are set up, at the IMC website. I asked her if she
knew about the website and these stories. She said she knew the site but
hadn't read these postings. I suggested she do so because their phone
number was there and they may be getting more calls. I said I was
extremely concerned about the problem discussed and wished to register
that with the sheriff. She asked me if I wanted the sheriff to call me
back. I said that wasn't necessary but perhaps I will call again and do
that, or others who call can take this step.

Lisa