[Peace-discuss] Robert Fisk, at year's end

Morton K.Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Fri Dec 31 00:06:36 CST 2004

The Ghosts of Vietnam

By ROBERT FISK
The Independent

Who said this and when?

     "The people of England have been led in Mesopotamia into a trap
from which it will be hard to escape with dignity and honour. They have
been tricked into it by a steady withholding of information. The
Baghdad communiques are belated, insincere, incomplete. Things have
been far worse than we have been told, our administration more bloody
and inefficient that the public knows... We are today not far from a
disaster."

Answer: TE Lawrence (of Arabia fame) in The Sunday Times in August,
1920. And every word of it is true today. …

The full article is from The Independent, but reproduced in
Counterpunch, at web site:

http://www.counterpunch.org/fisk12302004.html

And Happy New Year