[Peace-discuss] help - primaries, elections forum

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Thu Feb 5 20:44:53 CST 2004

One place to start would be

http://www.ilsenate.com/default.asp

This lists the candidates and has links to their webpages.  What Russ
did when comparing the Presidental Candidates on for a Green tea was to
pick a number of issues and see what each had to say about it.

Ken

Ken Urban
Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
Parkland College

Office: B129A
           (217)-353-2246
>>> Ricky Baldwin <baldwinricky at yahoo.com> 02/05/04 3:22 PM >>>
This is a request for help-

Some of you may have heard that I am slotted to speak,
for better or worse, at a forum (Feb 26) on the
upcoming primaries, along with Imani Bizell and other
friends.  Specifically I am supposed to address issues
of war and peace, and I'd like some input.  I'm
positive I am not the most informed person on the
candidates for president or senate, so I'd greatly
appreciate any thoughts that anyone would like to
share.

I have AWARE's guide to the presidential candidates,
which includes everyone who is left except Edwards.

We haven't done anything similar with regard to the
senate race, as far as I know.

I also have my own general thoughts on this election
and how to think about elections, of course, but any
analysis or philosophizing on that score would also be
welcome - top priorities, strategy, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Ricky