[Peace-discuss] 2.15.04 Agenda Request

Neil Parthun parthun at students.uiuc.edu
Sun Feb 8 23:34:01 CST 2004

Hello all --
  I'm Neil Parthun.  I was at the meeting tonight (in the black Propagandhi
hoodie) and at the very excellent discussion about the IMF/WTO/World Bank.  I
was wondering if I could get 5 minutes or so to debrief AWARE on the 2 current
campaigns of Student Peace Action.  Firstly is a campaign against Coca-Cola
for their treatment of Colombian workers and Coke's efforts to privatize the
water supply in India.  Secondly, is I would like to ask for AWARE's support
with a candlelight vigil that will take place in mid-March to memorialize
those who have been injured or killed in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
   If this is possible, let me know and it would be cooler than the other side
of the pillow.  :)

Stand Up and Keep Fighting,
Neil

xXxXx...
I don't need to hear the Word of God from some two bit preacher whom I can buy for 5 dollars and a bottle of whiskey.  I'll read it for myself.
[Huey Long]

Peace is not the product of terror or fear.  Peace is not the silence of cemetaries.  Peace is not the silent result of violent oppression.  Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.  Peace is dynamism.  Peace is generosity.  It is right and it is duty.
[Archbishop Oscar Romero]

The logic behind 'My country: right or wrong' is equal to that of 'My mother: sober or drunk.'
[George Orwell]

Neil Parthun || parthun at uiuc.edu || 217.953.1132 || http://smash_the_right_wing.tripod.com