[Peace-discuss] The Truth is Out

David Green davegreen48 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 10:21:23 CST 2004

I've tried so hard to keep this a secret, but now it's
out in the DI. I guess now I'm just going to have to
bring peace to the Middle East, and win the Cubs the
World Series--otherwise I'm hardly worthy of being the
founder of the next great world religion. Actually, I
really just wanted to be Moses, but I couldn't find a
pair of sandals suitable for mountain climbing, and
Chuck Heston wouldn't let me borrow his. One would at
least think that being God would help you score with
chicks, but these modern feminist types just aren't
buying that line anymore.

God is Green

Letter | The Daily Illini
Published Thursday, February 19, 2004

For too long have I read David Green's endless
pathological hate letters about Israel, letters that
are full of lies and distortions. His last piece
published in the DI (2/9) only highlights the true
nature of his strong hate-based views masquerading as
scholarship. It is that kind of "scholarship"
displayed from all places and without shame on the
campus of a great university that leads one to recall
the saying that some scientists think that they
believe only in what they see, but they are much
better at believing than seeing. Thus, for all of
Green's self-proclamations, one thing is clear: a
scholar he is not. So what, or who, is he? According
to Green's past letters, none of those who ever speak
or write critically about Palestinian murderous
terrorist activities have any "real" knowledge of the
subject. In Green's eyes, it is only he who knows the
truth and knows it at all times, and it is only he who
speaks the truth and speaks it at all times. Being
omnipotent, all-seeing, all knowing and faultless in
his judgment, one may be inclined to believe that,
perhaps, Mr. Green is God. Indeed, it appears that he,
too, has come to believe it. Thus, we can understand,
with a bit of pity in our hearts, why it makes little
difference to him whether his arguments bear witness
to historical reality or not. His "reality" is
anything and everything that suits his purpose. It
wouldn't be surprising if our conservative state
legislators became even more hesitant to fund a
university where too many employees not only pretend
to be scholars but are also ready to believe that the
almighty is replaceable. Predictably, soon we will
again suffer one of Green's responses, complaining, as
always, about being persecuted by uneducated people,
such as me.

Ehud Yairi

University professor