[Peace-discuss] A Question about the Puppet

Paul King pmking at students.uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 25 23:17:07 CST 2004

Bush has announced that he is in favor of passing an ammendment to the
U.S. constitution that would ban gay marriages. Albeit, he has conceded
that civil unions could be legalized by states, but nevertheless...

Given that national policy is determined by corporations within the of
oil, energy, military and banking industries:

Why do these lobbies allow him to pursue such fringe interests? Are they
placating him? Is it merely to draw media attention away from his record
on jobs, healthcare and foreign policy? I would think that this is a
dangerous diversion. Surely another issue could have served this function
better. Is this a bit of self-determination that remains in the executive
branch? Or are the lobbies exhibiting a lack of coordination here?

I never knew that a population could be ruled by such idiots.

..:: paul