[Peace-discuss] O'Neill's remarks and their weight (f

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Wed Jan 14 14:10:54 CST 2004

And O'Neill sez he plans to vote for Bush again in 2004!!!!! Go figure.

Jenifer
[Here's the Paul O'Neill interview on CBS' 60 MINUTES:
    <http://www.corvusworld.com/oneill.htm>

The former CEO is no better than he should be.  He seems to be busily back-peddling. The following is from today's AP report.  --CGE]

...O'Neill also said Tuesday said he did not mean to imply that the administration was wrong to begin contingency planning for a regime change in Iraq but that he was surprised that it was at the top of the agenda at the first Cabinet meeting.

O'Neill in the book contends the administration's decision-making process was often chaotic and Bush Cabinet meetings made the president look "like a blind man in a room full of deaf people."

O'Neill told the "Today" show he was guilty of using some "vivid" language during his hundreds of hours of interviews with Suskind for the book. "If I could take it back, I would take it back," he said of the blind man quote.

Asked if he plans to vote for Bush in November's presidential election, O'Neill said he "probably" would. "I don't see anyone who is better prepared or more capable," he told NBC...

Asked specifically whether O'Neill was correct in saying that planning for the war had begun far ahead of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, Bush said that when he had become president he had inherited a policy of "regime change" from former President Clinton and had decided to adopt it as his own. [That's true. --CGE]

Peace-discuss at lists.cu.groogroo.com