[Peace-discuss] Thoughts on the coming 'discovery' of Bin

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 13:03:07 CST 2004

I think you're right, Jen.  And the suggestion below,
that 'we' (and 'the Democrats') start accusing the
Bush Administration of sitting on bin Laden for
political gain, could easily be phrased as a
question, to be repeated over & over.  ("Are you
sitting on him?")  I think to SAY that they are, with
no proof, is to act like - well - crackpots, which
doesn't go unnoticed either (except when the
Republicans do it).

And, not to sound like a broken record, but this
article assumes something I don't think we can assume.
 I still think there's a serious question of whether
supporting ANY Democrat (like, say, Lieberman) is
worth our efforts.  Most of them would probably be
somewhat better, but aren't our efforts better devoted
to supporting movements (anti-war, etc.) we expect the
winner to have to take into account?  They do have a
tendency to "move to the middle" (i.e. to the right)
after election day, or even right before it.  And I
think it'd no accident that this year we have half the
Democratic candidates calling themselves anti-war.
Don't we need to keep the heat on them?

Ricky

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/correspondent/3028585.stm

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-scheer20may20,1,2187120.column