[Peace-discuss] AWARE agenda Feb. 1

Morton K.Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Tue Jan 27 22:19:37 CST 2004

N.B.. There will be a presentation from 3-5 pm, before our regular
meeting,
by Michael Goldman, UIUC Professor of Sociology, on:
"Global Institutions: What are they good for?"

Facilitator: Al Kagan -- Thank you, Al.

I. Introductions

II. News of the Week: Carl and others. [15']

III. AWARE reports--Working group updates. [60']
	Report on UIUC conference: "Education or Incarceration? Schools and
Prisons in a 		Punishing Democracy": Steve Hartnett (Tentative)
	Report on the situation in Honduras: (Tentative)
	P4P update -- Ricky
	AWARE sponsorship on WILL -- Lisa
	AWARE benefit: Resolution with Red Cross? -- Linda
	Almanac Fun Group -- Carl/Susan
	Treasurer's report -- Linda

IV. Upcoming events of note [10']

V. Other business/new ideas [?']

Adjourn

I'll update this if I have more information before I leave (on
Thursday). Or others can fill in the blanks. My apologies.