[Peace-discuss] Letter to N-G

Morton K.Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Fri Jul 9 13:22:54 CDT 2004

FYI: Just sent this in to the N-G.

We are told once again that in the imminent future, and come the
elections, Al Quaeda is about to strike us, and that we must therefore
initiate increased measures of national security. How convenient for
the “forces of order” to suppress demonstrations of dissidence as the
time of the major political parties’ political conventions approaches!

All this comes from an administration that has consistently mislead the
world and the American people about its motives and actions. Why should
we trust them now? No hard evidence has been produced for these dire
predictions, this  “Politics of Fear”. We ought to recall the other
false alerts to which we’ve been subjected, conveniently timed for
political objectives.

This constantly promoted fear has been instrumental in keeping our
populace on edge and, like sheep, willing to follow their governments’
orders, subverting in the process their own cherished freedoms.

Of course, the politics of fear has led not only to our loss of
freedoms and a subversion of democratic ideals but to naked aggression
and violence against innocent peoples around the world.

Wake up, American people!

MKB