[Peace-discuss] Music at Nargile, July 13

Darrin Drda d_drda at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 9 17:38:53 CDT 2004

I hope it's OK to post this message. Thanks.
****************
Hear Ye!
I would like to invite – rather, beseech – nay, IMPLORE each and every one
of you to attend the following musical event:

DOXY*
PAUL KOTHEIMER**
Darrin Drda’s THEORY OF EVERYTHING***

Playing at NARGILE, ****
Tuesday, July 14, 10pm

*DOXY consists of two insanely talented young fellas named Drew and Ky who
play catchy pop songs full o’ phat chords and furious funkitude. Drew croons
and strums acoustic guitar, while Ky plays the bejeezus out of his bass.
Their cover of Michael Jackson’s "Billy Jean" defies description – just
trust me, and come see these guys before they’re way famous.

**PAUL KOTHEIMER is a left-handed folk superhero who plays with intensity
and flair, deftly interweaving the passionately personal and the pointedly
political. Word has it that he’s on the verge of releasing another
guaranteed-to-be-superb CD, so I’d betchya he’ll drop a few new musical
nuggets. By the way, Paul also happens to be the badass bass player in the
headlining band…

***THEORY OF EVERYTHING (as if you didn’t know) has been described (by me)
as "lyrical spacefolk with a funky, jazzy, blue hue". Only this time, I’d
have to add the word "rock" in there somewhere, as we’ll be playing with our
relatively new (and always fresh) drummer, Kevin, on Nargile’s sooper-dooper
sound system.

****NARGILE (207 W. Clark) is a bar that offers visitors the unique
opportunity to smoke flavored tobacco from ornate hookahs. As a non-smoker,
I was skeptical until I took a few tokes of the mango variety. Mmmm. Despite
the hookah theme, Nargile is actually one of the least smoky bars in town.

So even if you’re not big on the bar scene, please do consider stepping out
on Tuesday night. OK? OK!

Peace,
-Darrin