[Peace-discuss] Fwd:from Russell Banks, Eve Ensler, Howard Zinn

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Fri Jul 23 20:27:52 CDT 2004

Dear Jenifer M. Cartwright,

Imagine how the hearts of people all over the world will soar when they see more than a million people in the streets of New York on Sunday, August 29, to "Say NO to Bush and all he represents!"

You can be part of making this happen through your support of a full-page call in the New York Times and other major papers.

For the text of this call and its endorsers, see www.notinourname.net/rnc.

Getting a million into the streets on the 29th is both possible and necessary. On February 15, 2003, over a quarter of a million poured into the streets on a bitterly cold day to oppose the war on Iraq before it had even started. Their sheer numbers shut down the whole Upper East Side.

To make this an even bigger outpouring, we need to make it a big social question -- everyone asking "Are you going to be there?!" We have to reach into every neighborhood of New York, and all across the country. We are asking you to contribute right away to make this happen.

This call does not endorse any candidate, but opposes the whole program spearheaded by the Bush team. It is a call for a massive repudiation of that program, so than when the election is over (no matter who wins) it will be unmistakable that millions in this country utterly reject this agenda of war and repression.

We are suggesting a contribution of $200, and those who can contribute this much or more will be acknowledged on a special page on the Not In Our Name web site.

Checks should be made out to "Not in Our Name." Except, for tax-deductible donations or checks $250+, please write checks to "Not in Our Name/Agape."

All checks should be sent to Not in Our Name, P.O. Box 20221, Greeley Square Station, New York, NY 10001-0006

To donate with credit card on line or by phone, see info at: www.notinourname.net/donate.

On August 29 there has to be a resounding NO! that will be heard around the world and echo within the halls of power.

Russell Banks
Eve Ensler
Howard Zinn