[Peace-discuss] Sweetcorn festival?

Brian Hagy bhagy at urbana.indymedia.org
Tue Jul 27 13:45:24 CDT 2004

I would also like to invite AWARE to have a booth (not-for-profits have no
charge) in the 4th Annual Street Theater Festival, in downtown Urbana, on
October 2nd (Saturday).  A small, and growing, festival dedicated to
demonstrating and uniting the theater communities and audiences in central
Illinois.

This festival is designed by the Prompting Theater, a local theater troupe
comprised of adults with developmental disabilities, in order to not only
have another venue for theater performances, but also to celebrate the
local voices, ideas, desires, and playing.  Theater is about doing,
action, something which AWARE has demonstrated that is also concerned with
many, many times.

Anyhow, just an invitation to have a bit more exposure.  We are a small
festival, attendance is around 1000 for the day, but still enough to have
a conversation with.

Brian Hagy