[Peace-discuss] Voters Will Be Able to Vote Green This November

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Wed Jul 28 15:15:23 CDT 2004

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ON July 27, 2004

Voters Will Be Able to Vote Green This November

Contact:

Ken Urban,  <mailto:kurban%20(at)%20parkland.edu> kurban at parkland.edu,
217-356-7987, candidate for County Board District 7
Dave Sacks,  <mailto:dsacks%20(at)%20uiuc.edu> dsacks at uiuc.edu,
773-557-9411, candidate for County Board District 7
Susan Rodgers,  <mailto:srrodger at uiuc.edu> srrodger at uiuc.edu,
619-985-3553,
candidate for County Board District 8
Zach Miller,  <mailto:zach%20(at)%20chambana.net> zach at chambana.net,
217-621-6768, candidate for County Board District 9

Urbana, IL - At a hearing on Tuesday, July 27, 2004, the Champaign
County
Officer's Electoral Board upheld the right of Green Candidates Susan
Rodgers, Ken Urban, Dave Sacks, and Zach Miller, to remain on the
ballot for
Champaign County Board.  These candidates' ballot access rights had
recently
been challenged by local democratic party operatives.

    Zach Miller, Green Party candidate for County Board District 9,
was
excited to finally have a ruling on his right to run for office.
Miller was
challenged on the basis of having too few signatures; this morning the
board
ruled that he has more than the required 319 signatures.  Zach stated,
"I
look forward to resuming my campaign which has been stalled for over a
month
by these objections."

The remaining candidates, Ken Urban and Dave Sacks from District 7 and
Susan
Rodgers for District 8, were challenged on election law issues such as
the
residency and intentions of student candidates, Dave Sacks and Susan
Rodgers.   Susan Rodgers said, "The board's upholding of my right to be
on
the ballot is an important victory for students of the county.  I am
running
in a district with a high student population; those student voters
deserve
to be able to vote and possibly be represented by a student."

Ken Urban, Green Party candidate for County Board District 7, said,
"It's
great that the board upheld the will of the voters."

These candidates are endorsed by the Prairie Green Party of East
Central
Illinois, a chapter of the Illinois Green Party.
For more information on the Prairie Greens, visit www.prairiegreens.org

<http://www.prairiegreens.org/>

For more info on Ken Urban visit,  <http://www.kenurban.com/>
www.kenurban.com,

For more information on Zach Miller visit,  <http://www.votezach.org/>
www.votezach.org

###

This press release has been approved by the Green Party candidates for
Champaign County Board.

Ken Urban
Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
Parkland College