[Peace-discuss] Kerry

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 16:32:34 CDT 2004

I think the real question is: "Will there be an election?"

Alfred Kagan <akagan at uiuc.edu> wrote:Agreed that Kerry is a war candidate. However, I think Bush is going
to lose. The tide of public opinion has turned. The real questions
are who are the bigger losers, the Dems or the Repubs., and will Bush
be able to again steal the election?

At 2:37 PM -0500 7/30/04, Susan Davis wrote:
>Having listened to the convention, it's clear to me the Democrats
>are going to lose.
>
>Their strategy of playing to the unconvinced middle-right is going
>to be a failure. It already is a failure.
>
>Everything I heard Kerry say at the convention convinced me he's a
>war candidate. I don't see how this country can solve its very
>severe problems unless we end the war and restrain our military. I
>don't see how we can do that by voting for Kerry. I wish I thought
>he'd begin an immediate withdrawal plan, but its clear he won't.
>
>Especially in Illinois, we should be spending our energies educating
>people about what's wrong with the electoral system, rather than
>convincing people to vote for someone who'll sell them out.
>
>Susan

Al Kagan
Africana Unit, Room 328
University of Illinois Library