[Peace-discuss] Did Bush lie? (and abortion in the UK).

Morton K.Brussel brussel at uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 2 22:14:44 CDT 2004

Some thoughts while trying to get through accumulated email (1100
messages):

Hate to argue with the revered Chomsky, but I don't believe that Bush
(and cohort) is the equivalent of a 3 year old, nor even an
Alsheimers-affected Reagan. I believe that he knew what he was doing
when "miss-stating the facts" and his intentions (for Democracy, etc.),
repeatedly, even when members of his own administration admitted the
contrary to what he was saying.

To consider Bush as a moron is to let him off the hook.  I don't
believe we should do that. Saying he doesn't know better would also
remove from him responsibility for outrages on Iraq, etc. .

Another comment relative to the obsessional abortion issue: To use the
word "children" for fetuses aborted seems gratuitously predjudicial. Of
course, we've been through all that, as I've sought to explicate
previously, to little effect, evidently.

MKB