[Peace-discuss] The electoral dilemma…

Morton K.Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Sat Jun 19 23:31:50 CDT 2004

There are three articles on ZNET [www.zmag.org/ZNET.htm] which discuss
the electoral dilemma for progressives. They articles, published in the
journal New Politics, are: Shalom:  Tactical Voting, Harrison:  Lesser
Evilism and  Hirsch:  Left Posturing.

These are long articles, but they may help to set ones thinking about
voting in the coming elections. I especially recommend the first two. I
believe Shalom's is the most cogent, but others will disagree. I
believe it would be useful and interesting for AWARE to organize a
discussion around these topics, based on these articles. I'll bring
this up at our next meeting.

MKB