[Peace-discuss] Fwd:[Mediamatters] Weekly Update

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Tue Jun 22 14:47:56 CDT 2004

Welcome to another edition of the WILL-AM Media Matters

email update!

Note: Over the next couple months, the weekly update will be

sent out by media matters producer, Andrew Ó Baoill.

THIS WEEK'S
GUEST

-------------------------------

This week's guest on Media Matters is Katrina vanden Heuvel,

editor of The Nation. She is the co-author of "Voices of

Glasnost: Interviews with Gorbachev's Reformers" and editor

of the anthologies, "The Nation: 1865-1990," and "The Best

of The Nation: Selections from the Independent Magazine of

Politics and Culture." She edited the collection, "A Just

Response: The Nation on Terrorism, Democracy and September

11, 2001." Recently she co-edited with Robert

Borosage "Taking Back America: And Taking Down the Radical

Right."

UPCOMING GUESTS

--------------

In the following weeks we will feature Chalmers Johnson,

Sut Jhally, and Mark Crispin Miller.

If you have a suggestion for a g
uest you'd like to see on

the show,let us know: email producer Victor Pickard at

vpickard at uiuc.edu

LAST WEEK'S GUEST

-----------------------------

Last week's guest on Media Matters was David Barsamian,

founder and director of Alternative Radio

<http://www.alternativeradio.org>.

ALL OF OUR PAST SHOWS ARE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEB SITE:

http://www.will.uiuc.edu/am/mediamatters/

NUTS and BOLTS

Bob McChesney's Media Matters show airing Sundays 1-2pm on

WILL-AM 580. If you do not wish to receive messages from

this list, email listproc at lists.prairienet.org.

If you know others who might want to be on this list, you

can direct them to http://www.will.uiuc.edu/am/mediamatters/

for a link to the subscription service, or you can email

vpickard at uiuc.edu

We hope you find the Media Matters Weekly Update to be

useful and informative, and we hope you'll encourage

everyone you know with an interest in the media to listen to

the show and subscribe to the list. If you have any

questions or suggestions on how to improve what we do with

this list, please email producer Victor Pickard at

vpickard at uiuc.edu

Thanks again for listening!

--

Victor Pickard