[Peace-discuss] Is this really true?

Evan Past epastreich at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 27 08:53:03 CDT 2004

> >Today (Thursday, June 24th) the Nader campaign made
a desperate,
last-ditch
> >effort to make the Oregon ballot by teaming up with
Republicans
eager to
> >help get Bush re-elected.
> >
> >Ralph Nader himself appeared on Lars Larson's
right-wing talk radio
show
> >this afternoon to urge Lars' listeners to come to
his nominating
convention
> >this Saturday. Guest host Victor Bok directly told
the audience that
they
> >should help Ralph make the ballot to siphon liberal
votes and allow
George
> >Bush to win Oregon.
> >
> >This evening, news reporters have confirmed that
calls have been
made to
> >Republicans from right-wing anti-tax group Citizens
for a Sound
Economy.
> >Callers said, "I am calling because we have a
chance to stop John
Kerry
> >from winning Oregon." They went on to urge members
to come out on
Saturday
> >and sign the petition to nominate Ralph Nader.
> >
> >Additional calls were made to registered
Republicans from Oregon
Family
> >Council. The script itself blatantly states that
without Republicans
"we
> >don't think many people will show up" confirming
the difficulty
Nader has
> >had in attracting 1000 supporters after his first
effort to make the
Oregon
> >ballot failed earlier this year.
> >
> >Many progressives have long argued that Ralph has
failed to
understand
how
> >his campaign would help defeat John Kerry in
November.  These
shocking
> >developments suggest that Ralph knows all too well
his value to the
right, and worse, demonstrates his willingness to put
his own agenda ahead  of the larger cause of defeating
Bush.