[Peace-discuss] Fahrenheit 9/11

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 08:57:53 CDT 2004

The two Michael Moore movies I had previously seen had left me underwhelmed. While I had been very sympathetic to his causes, I thought his treatment of them had been sort of cloyingly, self-servingly overdone. So I had not expected too much when I saw Fahrenheit 9/11 last night. I have to say that the film far exceeded my expectations.

I’ll not go into a lot of detail, but I do want to say that I highly recommend it. It is not just an indictment of Bush and his war policy, but also leaves you wondering just what purpose the Democrats serve, at least in foreign policy; particularly those in the Senate. While the film only briefly focuses on them, it is clear that they are spineless “me toos,” rather than any kind of opposition. I will vote for Kerry and the Dems because I believe that on domestic issues, things like the Patriot Act and health care, they are different; but as far as loving war and killing are concerned, they are no different than the Bushies. There’s a lot of money to be made killing people.

Most Americans do not even know that ours is the only country actually convicted of terrorism in a world court, for the atrocities of the U.S. sponsored Contras in Nicaragua.