[Peace-discuss] Warning about your e-mail account.

meghan krausch meghan_krausch at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 4 14:28:13 CST 2004

for future reference, this list and any other in the domain name "groogroo",
"ucimc", "chambana", or "urbana.indymedia.org" is on Zach Miller's server,
now administered (I think) by ACORN active media. Any real info of this sort
is going to be signed by him, rest assured, just like any actual email from
CITES (at the U of I) will say "this mailing apporved by the office of the
chancellor" at hte bottom of it.

and yeah, obviously don't open the attachment.

there are lots of viruses going around right now. the only way to stop
"spam" or virus emails from coming to this list is to close the list to
postings from non-subscribers. that means that any email sent by anyone not
on the list OR if the server doesn't recognize the person as the same email
address will be stopped. If you want to move to this system, you will need
someone to check the pile every few days and delete the spam and pass
through the legitimate emails.

hope this clears up a few things,
meghan