[Peace-discuss] March 20th events - Please Forward

carol inskeep carolinskeep at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 10:40:27 CST 2004

"I'm speaking because I served during the bloodiest century this world has ever known. I hope to get people thinking about why we pride ourselves on being a peace-loving people but spend half of our tax dollars on anti-peace programs. We have to start working now to keep this century from being worse than the last."

                          Meg Miner – US Air Force veteran, peace and social justice activist, and librarian

                 "The World Still Says No to WAR"

                                      Saturday, March 20th

3 pm - Urbana Middle School  (1201 S. Vine in Urbana)

Music, Poetry, and featured speaker, Dr. Mohammad Al-Heeti who has just returned from a visit to Iraq

Followed by a Peace Walk from the Urbana Middle School to the Champaign County Courthouse (corner of Vine and Main in Urbana)

4pm (approximately) Anti-War Rally at the Champaign County Courthouse with City Councilwoman Danielle Chynoweth, activist Imani Bazzell, and Meg Miner (veteran and peace activist).

Sponsored by AWARE (the Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort)