[Peace-discuss] 3.14.04 Vigil for Peace

Neil Parthun parthun at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 11 18:09:06 CST 2004

This is an announcement about a peace vigil that will be going on this weekend.  We really need to bring out a lot of support, so come out, and bring a friend.

***VIGIL FOR PEACE***

What:  Candlelight vigil in rememberance of all who have suffered over the past year in the ongoing war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Where: U of I Main Quad

Who:  You!

When: Sunday, March 14 at 7pm

Why:  The vigil is designed to mourn the thousands of individuals who have died in Iraq from March 21st, 2003 to the present.  We will all gather to pay respects to the soldiers, civilians, journalists, and aid workers who fell victim to the violence of this war.

How:  Student Peace Action at the University of Illinois will be facilitating this event by providing 500+ tea candles, which will line the sidewalks of the U of I Main Quad in paper bags.  Handheld candles will also be provided by for the attendees.  The silent vigil will last 30 minutes.

Stand Up and Keep Fighting,
Neil

OoOoOo...
It's all engineered to keep us at each other's throats. We need to wake up, be human beings and stop being cowards!
[Alex Jones]

The most potent weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the minds of the oppressed.
[Steven Biko]

Neil Parthun || parthun at uiuc.edu || 217.953.1132 || http://smash_the_right_wing.tripod.com