[Peace-discuss] Pentagon Archipelago

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Sun Mar 21 16:32:29 CST 2004

Yes, I should have mentioned that you'd posted the Observer piece,
particularly since the Observer (unlike the associated Guardian) favored
the invasion. And of course you're right that the real issue is the
"barbarism being committed in our name" -- by the government we're
responsible for, against all the pious assurances we grew up with about
the rule of law in the US.  Arbitrary imprisonment and torture are shown
by the Bush regime to be as American as cherry pie, to borrow a phrase.
--CGE