[Peace-discuss] Randall's WILL commentary

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Thu Mar 25 14:03:17 CST 2004

Hi Listeners,

Increasingly, PBS' so-called news is pretty much center/right of center....It can't afford to offend its corporate sponsors, w/ so many listeners out of work, and gov't funding drying up.... Yeah, they were walking on eggshells a bit.....But aside from the fact that the announcer can't put a simple sentence together -- good reason for a person in the communications business to feel apologetic -- I take the intro to mean, Most of our listeners think their point of view is expressed on our regular call in talk shows.  Today, we have a listener who does not feel his point of view is adequately represented..... The outro just seemed kinda white bread...

What does stick in my craw, and which I haven't noticed elsewhere -- e g prior to (quoting Carl) the awful Doris Kearns Goodwin's so-called thoughts on the so-called news -- is the disclaimer that precedes Media Matters: The views expressed on this program do not necessarily represent the views of this station, nor those of PBS as a whole....

Jenifer C.