[Peace-discuss] ex-Pow on Kerry

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Fri Mar 26 08:51:30 CST 2004

There is a reason we don't have a Benedict Arnold forgive and forget day.
Betrayal is not an honorable path or way. John Kerry betrayed the trust placed on
him as Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs. John Kerry
shut down the POW/MIA Committee:
· when Committee investigators reported they had not yet obtained all POW/MIA
records from DOD, CIA and the State Department
· when he could have extended the investigation on unreturned POW/MIAs for
another year
· when information revealed that POWs were left alive in communist hands in
1973
· when the were 60 POWs held by communist Laotians that had never been
negotiated for and live sighting reports indicating their survival.

Statements from the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs "1993 REPORT"

P. 9 While the Committee has some evidence suggesting the possibility a POW
may have survived to the present . . . there is, at this time, no compelling
evidence that proves that any American remains alive in captivity in Southeast
Asia.

P. 124 There is evidence that a small number of specific individuals did
survive their incidents, and that some number of other individuals, not clearly
identified, also survived.

P. 451 Stmt of John Kerry: Although the Committee, unlike previous
investigations, uncovered evidence that a small number of American's may have survived
in captivity after Operation Homecoming, there is, in my view, no reason to
believe that any American's remain alive today.  Yes, the possibility exists that
a prisoner or prisoners could be held deep within a jungle or behind a locked
door under conditions of greatest security.  But there is no evidence of
that, and it is hard to conceive of a reason for it.  (Collier/Forbes)

P. 456 Statement of Sen. Bob Smith: Based on our review of all available
intelligence information, the Committee unanimously agreed that there is evidence
that indicates the possibility of survival (of American POWs) after Operation
Homecoming.  As of today, we also agree that there is evidence that some POWs
may have survived to the present . . . and some information still remains to
be investigated.  However, at this time, there is no compelling evidence that
proves American's are still alive.

P. 468 Statement of Sen. John McCain: There is some-evidence though no proof
to suggest only the possibility that a few Americans may have been kept behind
after the end of America's military involvement in Vietnam ... there are some
remaining differences over the quality of evidence that supports the
possibility of survival.

John Kerry is the Benedict Arnold of the POW/MIA issue. Who will he betray
next?