[Peace-discuss] an email from Iraq

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Wed Mar 31 09:12:36 CST 2004

I will compile the responses and talk to my student about sending them
to the girls mother asking to be sent to the soldier.  Of course, any
one of these people have complete right to stop the process.    I think
we should include a short bio and contact info with the comments, as
opposed to anonymous (mostly) comments.

I had a talk about this with my student about the letter.  I should
point out that she's older than I am (I'm 41), wears Chief jackets, and
is generally 'mainstream'.  She had a manufacturing job for 15 years,
the plant moved (NAFTA) and now she's retraining in Info Tech. I'm sure
she initially supported the war and is now has serious doubts about it.

My hope is that she represents, more and more, the opinions of the
average person in the streets; people who are socially conservative and
voted Republican.

Thanks!

Ken Urban
Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
Parkland College

Office: B129A
           (217)-353-2246
>>> <Dlind49 at aol.com> 03/30/04 7:10 PM >>>
now how can we get all of these observations / responses on her email to
her?