[Peace-discuss] A vote for Kerry is a vote for Bush!

Phil Stinard pstinard at hotmail.com
Mon May 3 15:42:16 CDT 2004

>Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 12:54:27 -0500
>From: "jpitzl" <jpitzl at wildhunt.org>
>Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] A vote for Kerry is a vote for Bush!
>To: peace-discuss at lists.cu.groogroo.com
>

>I don't remember naming or insulting you (or anyone) directly (did I even
>quote one line of your message?). I was commenting on a larger trend I have
>seen with many progressives, if you want to construe that as a personal
>attack
>that is surely your right.

Oh, you weren't insulting me DIRECTLY!!!  By the way, that's why I said
"sublty couched insults."  I'm not a part of some larger trend of
progressives as you wrongly assume.  My political views are solely my own,
the results of years of experience of thinking for myself.  You might be
able to write a little more precisely if you did quote my messages.  That
way, you wouldn't have to make up conceited assumptions about me or, indeed,
about the vague "larger trend" you've seen with "many progressives,"
whatever that is.

> >From your letter however I see quite a bit of paranoia, and just as much
>"presumptuousness" as you supposedly saw in my letter.

I don't recall making any presumptions about you.  In fact, I said (in a
second post) that I didn't know enough about you to determine whether you
were a John Kerry hack.  As for paranoia, it would help me figure out what
you're talking about if you would quote the "paranoid" passage.  Maybe it
was my comment on Bush and Kerry wanting to destroy the world?  That's what
we call hyperbole.  It would have been more accurate for me to say that they
want to control the world.  If, on the other hand, you are referring to the
way I stick up for myself and don't take crap from other people, well, I'd
rather be "paranoid" than have the wool pulled over my eyes and drift off
into some pseudoliberal dream.

--Phil