[Peace-discuss] Who's against this war? (II)

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 18:56:32 CDT 2004

IMO Kerry has judged the mood of the country (correctly, I think,) and knows that he has no chance of winning if he does not go along on Iraq. Perhaps because he cannot raise enough campaign funds if he does not, ("you get what you pay for," i.e. victory costs.) If you want to win an election in Champaign County, if asked you better be pro-Chief or you might as well not run. You might as well not even bother soliciting funds. It is my guess that the Democratic pols and fat cats think that it is political suicide to oppose Bush on the war. I’m not saying that they are right, just what I guess there thinking is. It is my guess that they think that although many voters wish we had never started that war, those same voters find the humiliation of admitting that we were wrong worse. After all, that would make us good Christian murderers. Now that’s anti-American and the Dems want no part of it.They’d rather make the issue a wash and decide it on other grounds. Quite possibly they are
 damned either way they go. JMO.

"C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu> wrote:Pity that John Kerry is, so far blind to the catastrophe in Iraq. His
speeches and wishy-washy policy on Iraq have left him totally unable to
capture America's anger over Iraq. Since calling for the UN to take over
for the United States in Iraq, Kerry has tacked this way and that, calling
for more U.S. troops and pledging to stand firm, whatever that means. It's
clear that Kerry doesn't have the backbone to stand up to President Bush
on Iraq, the single biggest issue of 2004. Will he get a spine transplant
anytime soon? I doubt it. Ralph Nader is campaigning hard for the anti-war
vote. He may get mine.

May 03, 2004 | 11:45AM

"The mass media is little more than a public relations industry for the rich and powerful. The media's job is to 'train the minds of the people' to believe in the virtue of the powerful goons who rule them." Noam Chomsky--“arguably the most important intellectual alive” N.Y.Times ..... My Web Site ..... ClickMeToo