[Peace-discuss] Baghdad Burning

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri May 7 09:49:13 CDT 2004

One of the most interesting blogs around is called Baghdad Burning
<http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/>, by an Iraqi woman who lives in
Baghdad and calls herself riverbend.  She's there now. Here's her
concluding comment today:

"I sometimes get emails asking me to propose solutions or make
suggestions. Fine. Today's lesson: don't rape, don't torture, don't kill
and get out while you can -- while it still looks like you have a
choice... Chaos? Civil war? Bloodshed? We'll take our chances -- just take
your Puppets, your tanks, your smart weapons, your dumb politicians, your
lies, your empty promises, your rapists, your sadistic torturers and go."

--CGE