[Peace-discuss] A Panel Discussion on Current Censorship and Privacy

Linda Evans veganlinda at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 18:14:58 CDT 2004

What You Read, What You Hear, What You See:
A Panel Discussion on Current Censorship and Privacy
Issues
Tuesday, May 18, at 7 pm
Champaign Public Library, Auditorium
Fifty years after Fahrenheit 451's prescient warning
about censorship,
who is deciding what we can see and hear - and what
others know about
us? Your comments will be welcome as David Inge of
WILL radio moderates
a thoughtful discussion of intellectual and artistic
freedom, the
media, privacy, and community standards. The diverse
panel of local and
national experts will include U. of I. Professors Bob
McChesney and Leigh
Estabrook, News-Gazette Editor, Publisher, and
Executive Vice President
John Foreman, Arts and Entertainment Editor Jenny
Southlynn from The
Paper, Judge Robert Steigmann, and Bill Thomson,
National Field Director
of the Christian Coalition. Co-sponsored by WILL.

=====