[Peace-discuss] Fw: [Mediamatters] Weekly Update

jencart at mailstation.com jencart at mailstation.com
Thu May 13 15:14:07 CDT 2004

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: "Victor W. Pickard" <vpickard at uiuc.edu>
Sent: May 13, 2004 8:15 AM
To: mediamatters at lists.prairienet.org
Subject: [Mediamatters] Weekly Update

Welcome to another edition of the WILL-AM Media Matters email
update!

THIS WEEK'S GUEST

-------------------------------

This week's guest on Media Matters is actress and activist,
Janeane Garofalo. Garofalo has acted in numerous movies,
including The Laramie Project, Dogma, Steal This Movie (the
Abbie Hoffman story), Wet Hot American Summer, The Truth
About Cats and Dogs, and Reality Bites. In the months before
the Iraq war, Garofalo was an outspoken advocate for
diplomacy and peace on talk shows like Crossfire, Inside
Politics, and Good Morning America.  Last year Garofalo was
the MC for the "Tell us the Truth Tour." Now Garofalo co-
hosts a three hour live show called "The Majority Report" on
the new liberal radio network, Air America.

http://www.airamericaradio.com/
http://www.majorityreportradio.com/

For Janeane Garofalo's May 2003 interview with The
Progressive magazine, click on the following link:
http://www.progressive.org/may03/intv0503.html

UPCOMING GUESTS

--------------

In the following weeks we will feature Arianna Huffington and
David Barsamian.

If you have a suggestion for a guest you'd like to see on the
show,let us know: email producer Victor Pickard at
vpickard at uiuc.edu

LAST WEEK'S GUEST

-----------------------------

Last week's guest on Media Matters was Jeff Cohen. Jeff Cohen
founded Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR) in 1986.
<http://www.fair.org/> In recent years, Cohen has been a
regular panelist on Fox News Channel's News Watch, a senior
producer on MSNBC's "Donahue," and the communications
director for the Kucinich campaign. For four years, he co-
wrote the weekly, nationally syndicated "Media Beat" column
with Norman Solomon.

ALL OF OUR PAST SHOWS ARE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEB SITE:

http://www.will.uiuc.edu/am/mediamatters/

NUTS and BOLTS

Bob McChesney's Media Matters show airing Sundays 1-2pm on
WILL-AM 580. If you do not wish to receive messages from this
list, email listproc at lists.prairienet.org.

If you know others who might want to be on this list, you can
direct them to http://www.will.uiuc.edu/am/mediamatters/ for
a link to the subscription service, or you can email
vpickard at uiuc.edu

We hope you find the Media Matters Weekly Update to be useful
and informative, and we hope you'll encourage everyone you
know with an interest in the media to listen to the show and
subscribe to the list. If you have any questions or
suggestions on how to improve what we do with this list,
please email producer Victor Pickard at vpickard at uiuc.edu

Thanks again for listening!

--

Victor Pickard