[Peace-discuss] AWARE's Third Fourth

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Wed May 19 06:53:43 CDT 2004

Actually, Bush -- maybe on a truck bed? -- could hold a BUNCH of signs saying Healthcare, Jobs, Education, Civil Rights, Environmental Protection, Geneva Conventions, Fair Elections, Gay Rights, Veteran Benefits, etc, w/ appropriately dressed folks in pursuit, and Bush always just out of reach.....  Jenifer C.
July 4th is only 6 weeks away!

We're sending in our application this week.

Now all we need is some ideas (the theme is Be All You
Can Be!)

Ladies and gentlemen, start yer brains...

It's AWARE's Third Annual 4th of July anti-war
propaganda coup!!!

Below are a few ideas, just food for thought.  We need
more.  So please ... chime in ... add your two cents
... suggest something ... make a proposal ...
critique, criticize, condemn, tease, whatever, just
pitch in.

Ideas:

1. Big, Randall-esque photos of the POW abuse, riding
on a flatbed with the caption, “We can be better than
this.”

2. Images of Gandhi, MLK, et al with the caption, “Be
all you can be: work for peace.”

3. Giant flower or cocoon on a flatbed opening up to
reveal a big peace sign, or a dove hatching from an
egg, with caption, “Be all you can be: work for
peace.”

4. Seeds being watered and sprouting into peace
sign-shaped blooms, pix of MLK, Gandhi, etc.  Same
caption.

5. Giant globe marked by war, poverty, greed, etc.,
cracking open to reveal a dove, peace sign, image of
hope or peace, etc. on a flatbed.  Caption: “Be all we
can be: Another world is possible”.

6. Balloons with this slogan on them.

7. Something better, which YOU come up with.

What say?

Ricky