[Peace-discuss] Police-Community Relations Town Hall Forum

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu May 27 17:23:13 CDT 2004

Just learned about this and I'm passing this info on. It's from a Public
Service Announcement released by Champaign Police. I know nothing about this
"town hall forum" other than what's below, but it seems to me that many
AWARE folks may be interested. I didn't even know there was a
"Police-Community Relations Committee". Was it created in response to the
Taser-issue? Is it a new committee put in place by (relatively new) police
chief Finney? Or has it been there all along?

The Police-Community Relations Committee of the City of Champaign invites
you to a Community Town Hall Forum on June 17th from 6:30 P.M. to 8:30 P.M.
in the City of Champaign Council Chambers, 102 N. Neil Street.

If you are interested in learning about how minority community leaders and
police officials have been working together to address community concerns,
plan to attend this informational event.  If you have any questions, please
contact Joan Walls at 403-6912 or by e-mail to wallsja at ci.champaign.il.us  .