[Peace-discuss] This Saturday - workshops and fun for Girlz and Women

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Fri May 28 12:33:38 CDT 2004

<please forward widely>

... zine making  |  african dance  |  body awareness ...
... political action  |  knitting  |  open mic ...

Kickoff of the NEW Resource and Action Group for Girlz-n-Womyn
This Saturday, May 29 in downtown Urbana
Workshops 10am - 5pm
--> Register at the Independent Media Center - 218 W. Main St.

Mocktail Hour and Open Mic 6pm - 9pm
--> @ OJC Technologies 115 W. Main St. floor #2 (wheelchair accessible!)

R.A.G.G. - the Resource and Action Group for Girlz-n-Womyn - is a local
grassroots partnership OF girlz and womyn FOR girlz and womyn whose aim is
to provide safe spaces, resources, and activities to foster creativity,
self-expression, and empowerment.

Building on the work of GirlZone, which closed recently, R.A.G.G.
developed out of the community's desire to continue providing social
activities and workshops to girls and women in Champaign County.

For more details on the launch, see http://ragg.ucimc.org/launch.html.

For more details on R.A.G.G., see http://ragg.ucimc.org.

Pass this around to every woman and girl you know - we're going to have a
good time on Saturday, and we don't want anyone to miss out... :)